Monday

Project Revolution


This is my mission field. Since I have been back from Africa God has shown me so much need here in America. I prayed that God would continue to use me like He did in Africa, and I am convinced that He will. While on the mission trip we were in a constant state of this "looking for need"....... "seeking for opportunities"..... "searching out where God could use us".......
Since coming back I have tried to stay in that place, keeping my eyes open. Satan tries to use the everyday, mundane things of life to keep me from being productive, but God is making me strong, and teaching me many things. Just today going through the parable of the mustard seed I felt God speak to me.
I have in the past been stuck on the "faith like a mustard seed" part, but today it hit me, it is the whole parable that paints the picture. Having just a speck of faith, and then stepping out (i.e. planting that seed) God can grow it into a Revolution (or "tree") that provides shade and herbs and branches for support.

This is what I see that we started in Belle Glade!

The need is here, we just have to be looking for it! I didn't know until 3 years ago that some of the richest people in the U.S. live 20 minutes east of me (Palm Beach Island), and then 45 minutes west of me (Belle Glade/Pahokee) is the AIDS capital of America. And we are taking hope to the youth in these towns! I am proud to be a part of the ministry God is doing there.


Prayer Request
Silvio age 14, pictured in the photo on the left. He is one of our Belle Glade Revolution kids. He has a brother and sister. He and his brother, Ronel, were the kids that inspired us to start Revolution. Please pray for Silvio that God would use him in mighty ways to reach the people of Belle Glade. Pray that his eyes would be opened and he would begin to understand more of God, and most of all experience Jesus for himself. He asked Jesus into his heart about a year and a half ago, but daily he struggles with his surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment